buying, selling and letting commercial property
smarthomes commercial specialises in the sale of pubs, inns, restaurants, coffee shops, hotels / b&b’s, retail units and other leisure businesses throughout the Midlands and surrounding counties. We focus on finding and exploring opportunities to maximise revenue for local individuals or companies who are looking to buy commercial property or who are interested in selling commercial property.
Our dedicated team has a wealth of experience and an extensive network of contacts, so we can put those looking to sell a business in touch with potential buyers. Warren Matthews, Head of smarthomes commercial, is well-known and respected throughout Solihull. Warren was one of the founders who successfully run Shakespeare’s Estate Agency for the past 20 years that achieved incredible success in the local area. Warren will be working alongside his team and will specialise in working with local independent businesses that require advice and support on a range of opportunities, including selling freeholds, agreeing new leases, obtaining realistic valuations, and maximising the value of a development.
We have a large client database for selling commercial property and can use this to match your business to potential buyers through both an open and confidential marketing campaign. Through using a sleek marketing strategy alongside our outstanding reputation within the retail and leisure industry, our aim is to provide you with an excellent service that will promote the sale of your business or vacant unit.
We are customer focused experienced team and are incredibly driven in selling commercial property, offering a highly personal and reliable service. We work closely with our clients every step of the way, addressing any concerns and highlighting any opportunities throughout the process.
buy commercial property and businesses
Whether you are looking for your first commercial property to buy or you are an experienced and seasoned owner operator, what will be important to you is an agent who will take the time to understand your needs and acquisition requirements and that you only receive information that is relevant to your search requirements.
At smarthomes commercial our core business is the private market. Independent owner operators and niche multi-site operators are our focus whereas other national commercial leisure and retail agents concentrate their resources and efforts on larger corporate operators.
Whether you require advice on how on how to buy commercial property UK or help with business finance, we strive to provide to you with a high-quality agency service by utilising our knowledge, honesty, and professionalism.
financial advice & mortgages
Our in-house financial advisors have a wealth of expert knowledge, so whether you are looking to finance a business purchase, get a directors’ mortgage, refinance your existing business purchase, or need development funding.
Our advisors will start with an informal discussion, in confidence and free of charge. We can advise on the best mortgages to buy commercial property and, if your finance requirements are achievable, we will endeavour to come up with the most appropriate solution at the most competitive rates available at that time.
Generally, there are three options available to you, firstly you can sell your business or your unit yourself, secondly you can appoint a single commercial agent and finally you could go down a joint agency approach of selling your business. For most situations, a full open marketing approach is often the best way forward to ensure you achieve the best possible price in the current market conditions.
The best way is to employ a specialist commercial property agent. A competent agent should be able to market your business or unit to the largest number of potential purchasers and specially target the most likely buyers. This will ensure that the optimum sale price is agreed.
The difference between attracting an offer that is acceptable and negotiating the maximum price can be significant when selling commercial property effectively.
smarthomes commercial offer a free market appraisal, carried out in complete confidence, which will include a realistic assessment as to the likely achievable values. We also give advice on marketing your business to meet each individuals’ requirements. Also, we must stress that as a business owner you should at this stage get all your financial and legal paperwork in order – this will save a lot of time in both assessing the business value and in the future marketing and selling commercial property process.
- Commercial agency fees for freehold leisure and retail properties are generally a percentage of the sale price, often with a minimum fee having been negotiated.
- Leasehold leisure and retail units can involve a fee based on the percentage of rent plus a percentage on the sale price, however, minimum fees or fixed fees are commonly applied.
- Some agents will charge for advertising when selling commercial property, either at the start or at the end of the contract. They may also charge you costs, in additional to their fee.
- smarthomes offer our clients an individual, personalised fee structure which will be bespoke to the business or retail unit but it’s not about the size of the fee, it’s about what you get for it. Fees vary by agent, as does the quality of the work they do. What is important to consider is value for your money.
- We’re often asked how long it will take to sell a freehold or leasehold business. Some property sales can be concluded in very quick circumstances, in a matter of hours or days. In other cases, property sales could take over a year.
- We’ll look at the basic timings and stages of a typical sale to provide a breakdown of what is involved. From confirming your instructions to going on the market, this can take a couple of weeks when selling commercial property. Plans, profit and loss accounts, EPC’s, and title documents etc all need to be obtained, sales particulars will be drafted for your approval, and email marketing material made ready. Moving forward, email marketing will be undertaken, hot buyers contacted from our personalised database, multiple operators contacted, sale boards erected, and website listings activated. smarthomes offer a personalised approach to selling commercial property and will monitor the ongoing marketing activity with a continued email marketing, advertising, and web listings campaign.
- Our experienced sales team at smarthomes commercial have excellent personal skills to ensure your sale is not only agreed but proceeds to a positive conclusion at the best possible price in the market at that time – within a realistic time frame which suits all parties.